STILLWATER, Okla. —
The Heart Truth
• More women die from heart disease than all cancers combined.
• Oklahoma has the second highest rate of heart disease related deaths among women in the nation.
• Nearly 60 million Americans suffer from cardiovascular disease today.
• Every 29 seconds an American will suffer a coronary event.
• About every 60 seconds, someone dies from heart disease.
• One in three women are killed by heart disease.
• Heart disease is the number one killer of women as well as men.
• More than 64 percent of women who died suddenly of coronary heart disease had no previous symptoms.
Source: Oklahoma Heart Hospital