- Health & Environment
Child's death sparks reminder: Don't leave kids in cars this summer
No one should ever be left in a closed, parked car, according to the State Department of Health. A Lincoln County woman was charged Thursday with second-degree manslaughter after a child left in her care died in a hot car.
Payne County residents sound off on health care bill
Congress passed a landmark health care bill late Sunday, and Payne County residents’ opinions of the historic vote seem to line up with their party affiliations.
Payne County named one of healthiest counties in Oklahoma
Payne County has been ranked as one of the healthiest counties in Oklahoma.
A new report said Woods County has the healthiest residents in Oklahoma and Latimer County has those with the poorest health.
The report released Wednesday by the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation ranks the overall health of the counties in all 50 states.
It ranks Woods, Beaver, Payne, Cleveland and Texas counties as Oklahoma’s healthiest.
Rodeo Medicine Referral System aids rodeo athletes
The new Rodeo Medicine Referral System provides rodeo athletes with a unique medical resource, a list of medical providers in the United States and Canada that specialize in common injuries by rodeo athletes.
Annual check ups key to beating cervical cancer
January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month and annual gynecological check-ups and education are key in beating cervical cancer.
Got that flu shot yet?
Health officials say 40 people have died in Oklahoma from H1N1 - the swine flu. The health department, some pharmacies and physicians are offering flu shots now.
- Warren Clinic now treats veterans On Friday, the Warren Clinic became a primary medical and mental health services provider for military veterans in Stillwater and surrounding communities.
- Jump start Several hundred elementary school students armed with jump ropes took over the field at Pioneer Stadium.
- Couch to Road 10-21-09 Last week you decided to start an exercise program…
- Stillwater Medical Center puts United Way first With the 2009 campaign fully under way, Stillwater Area United Way is more grateful than ever for companies and individuals who annually show their passion and support by living united.
- More Health & Environment Headlines
- Child's death sparks reminder: Don't leave kids in cars this summer