STILLWATER, Okla. —
The Stillwater United Way surpassed its goal Wednesday.
Executive Director Sheri Carter said the agency exceeded its $850,000 goal, exceeding it by $2,000.
“Several of our national corporate sponsors came through in this last week,” she said. “Lots of individual gifts and got a little bit more from OSU, a little bit more from Perkins, so it all came in.”
The drive began on the United Way Day of Caring Sept. 20. Since then, the agency has steadily work toward its goal. Carter said she wanted to thank the agency’s campaign committee, which consists of board members, who are also volunteers. Members of the group have countless meetings and assignments, she said.
“Lots and lots of phone calls, visits, dropping off packets, picking up packets, giving presentations, writing letters, calling on donors, it’s very grassroots still after all these years,” Carter said.
Carter said next year’s goal has not been decided, yet. The campaign team will meet with much of the activity taking place in spring when agencies ask for allocations for 2014.
Carter said a lot went into attaining the goal this year.
“In just the last few weeks, when it looked like we weren’t going to make goal, we saw a lot of our supporters step up and make an additional gift,” she said. “We had several that came in that had already given.”
The agency’s Leader Society — donors who give $500 or more — increased significantly this year, she said.
The agency partners with 23 local agencies to support them in some manner.
STILLWATER, Okla. —
- Local News
- Jewels of India aids mission for kids of lepers
- Rural firefighters happy EPA reinstated surplus vehicle program
- Can't pigeonhole this Oklahoma City museum
- Meridian Tech chief gets a close view of China's vocational schools
- County commission campaign in final weeks
- Q5: Stillwater CARES unites nonprofits
- Q5: Weeklong event helps Judith Karman Hospice
- Guitarist to perform Friday at Sheerar Center
- TO DO THIS WEEKEND: OSU football team will meet fans Saturday
Developer bringing Academy store, shopping center to Stillwater
Stillwater shoppers will have new options, including an Academy Sports + Outdoors store, if an incentive agreement between the city of Stillwater and commercial developer RealtyLink, LLC, comes together.
- More Local News Headlines