By Mark Rountree
STILLWATER, Okla. —
As construction continues on a new site for Will Rogers Elementary School, the Stillwater Board of Education will vote Tuesday to declare the existing school as surplus property.
That designation will allow the district to begin dismantling the existing school when the spring semester concludes in May.
“We go to bid on deconstruction in early May and this designation is needed,” said Jim Ryan, assistant superintendent and director of operations for the district.
The board also is expected to consider and vote to approve:
• An order to replace an existing brittle and broken conduit section on the west addition roof at Stillwater Middle School, and vote to approve an order for an insulation cover board on the main building roof.
• The replacement of metal panels on the east wall of the Stillwater Junior High gymnasium.
• A community shelter agreement with the American Red Cross to use the schools as safe harbors during violent weather.
• A Stillwater Public Schools Technology Plan for 2013-16 and a resolution for Schools and Libraries Universal Services (E-Rate) for 2013-14.
• An After School Child Care Agreement with the Stillwater YMCA.