By NewsPress Staff
STILLWATER, Okla. —
The Stillwater Board of Education will meet in special session Monday to consider appointments, resignations and employment recommendations for the 2013-14 school year.
The board will meet at 5:15 p.m. in the Administration Building, 314 S. Lewis.
The board also will:
• Discuss negotiations with employees and representatives of employee groups, including certified and support employee negotiations.
• Receive a first reading of the Stillwater Public School employee handbook.
• Consider and vote to declare equipment surplus property.
• Consider and vote to approve an out-of-state travel application for the Stillwater High School varsity football team to Springdale, Ark., July 11-13.
• Discuss the district’s comprehensive strategic plans.
The Perkins-Tryon Board of Education will meet in regular session Monday to discuss employment of certified personnel, including a special education language arts teacher, a fifth-grade math teacher and a fifth-grade science teacher for the 2013-14 school year.
The board will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the board room, 103 SW 2nd St., Perkins.
The board also will consider the re-employment of support personnel, including a pre-K teacher’s assistant and a bus driver.
A vote is expected to approve or not approve Superintendent James Ramsey as the district’s purchasing agent, Ken Latham as the designated representative of special education and Bobby Simma as the designated representative of federal programs.
The board also will discuss the working budget for fiscal year 2014 and review administrative salary schedules.