STILLWATER, Okla. —
Payne County commissioners are expected to appoint a new trustee to the Western Payne County Ambulance Trust Authority at Monday’s meeting.
The commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. in the County Administration Building, 315 W. Sixth Ave.
Commissioners are expected to appoint Harland Wells to the ambulance trust. He will replace former trustee Bill Sasser.
Sasser was the treasurer for the Western Payne County Ambulance Trust Authority and his resignation goes into effect June 31.
The Payne County Commissioners will appoint Wells but it will be up to the Western Payne County Ambulance Trust Authority to name officer positions.
Wells will be replacing Sasser but it will be up to the authority to decide his position on the board.
Other items that will be discussed and/or approved at the Payne County Commission meeting include:
• Mpower is seeking permission to build an above ground storm shelter on county land.
• The board will revisit a resolution agreement with the Housing Authority of Sac and Fox Nation.
• The employment of District 1 and District 3 commissioners.
• The addition of Stacy Mason to Emergency Management Volunteer List.
• Discussion and possible action on telephone and utility permits.
The Stillwater City Council and Stillwater Utilities Authority meetings scheduled Monday have been canceled.
The next regular meeting is July 15.