By NewsPress Staff
STILLWATER, Okla. —
Payne County commissioners approved the purchase of a new backhoe for District 3 at Monday’s meeting.
The backhoe will not require the commissioners to take bids because it is on state bid. District 3 County Commissioner Jim Arthur said the backhoe is important to the district and maintaining roads.
Arthur said the district is looking to trade in an old Case grader to help with the funding of the new machine.
The 3/8 cent sales tax is the main funding source for the backhoe, he said.
Commissioners approved the request 3-0. Commissioners also:
• Approved a road agreement with the city of Perkins. Since the city has fewer than 5,000 people, the city can have an agreement with the county to help maintain and perform construction work on its roads.
• Approved a contract renewal with Central Lawn Care. Central Lawn Care raised its price to $125 per visit at the Payne County Courthouse. The price stayed the same for each visit to the administration building, which was $50 a visit.
• Approved a Circuit Engineering District 5 fund project application. The application provides $60,000 to a county, and the money would be split up between the two districts in Payne County to $30,000 each. District 2 doesn’t receive any of the money because it is not a road district.
• Appointed Nathan Anderson to the Sales Tax Oversight/Advisory Committee. Anderson will serve for Arthur on the committee.
• Approved numerous health department contract renewals, including A&M Storage, Peak Pest Services, Business World, Alliance Maintenance, Central Lawn and Landscape, Jeremy W. Huckabay, Stillwater Community Center, Stillwater Medical Center and OSU Student Health Center.
• Approved the removal of items from the inventory. The items removed were a skill saw and an auger from the Building Engineer Department.
• Approved telephone and utility permits.
• No action was taken but discussion was made during an executive session about the employment, hiring, appointment, promotion, demotion disciplining or resignation of Tammy Mathis.