By Mark Rountree
STILLWATER, Okla. —
Classroom doors will close for the semester May 23.
But not everyone will have the summer off.
Maintenance crews will be busy cleaning, painting and repairing at each of the 10 school sites.
The operation will be directed by John Anders, grounds and operations manager for Stillwater Public Schools.
Anders will discuss summer maintenance plans and projects when he addresses the Stillwater Board of Education at its meeting Tuesday. The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Administration Building, 314 S. Lewis.
The board will have a special meeting at 5 p.m. at the Administration Building to consider and possibly take action on the issuance of a $13 million combined purpose bond. They also will hear a report from Kellee Brown, the district’s new chief contract negotiator, who will talk about plans for contract negotiations with teachers this summer.
The board also will:
• hear architect and construction manager updates on the new school sites for Highland Park Elementary School and Will Rogers Elementary School
• take action on elementary and secondary social studies textbooks
• have a first reading for textbook selections for AP World History
• hear an update on English Language Learners, Gifted and Talented students and Native American Education
• hear an educational progress report from Westwood Elementary School
• recognize several Stillwater High School students who recently were elected as state officers for Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
• recognize faculty and staff who are retiring this spring.