By Mark Rountree
STILLWATER, Okla. —
The Stillwater Board of Education will hear a review the 2013-14 operating budget during a special meeting at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Administration Building, 314 S. Lewis.
Phillip Storm, chief financial officer for the district, will outline expected revenues and expenditures for the fiscal year.
The board is expected to vote on the operating budget during the regular meeting, which begins at 6:30 p.m.
The board also will hear an update on the construction progress at Will Rogers Elementary School.
Ongoing construction and a recent overnight water valve leak that resulted in water damage to walls and cabinets pushed back the date when the school begins to transition into the new building, which is located north of the present school.
The new schedule calls for teachers to begin moving classroom materials into the new building Oct. 16. Classes are slated to be held in the new school beginning Oct. 21.
Other agenda items include:
• A transportation department update by Matt Parsels, director of transportation.
• An update on the district’s summer school programs.
• A report from Gay Washington, assistant superintendent of educational services, on an updated Gifted Education Plan.
• A report on the district’s results on the 2012-13 Oklahoma Core Curriculum Test.
• An education update from Stillwater Middle School Principal Kathy Walker.
• A second reading of 10 policies changes in the district.