By Mark Rountree
STILLWATER, Okla. —
The Stillwater Board of Education will consider a vote on interior and exterior signage contracts at the new Will Rogers and Highland Park elementary schools during Tuesday night’s regular monthly board meeting.
The meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Administration Building, 314 S. Lewis.
The board will discuss appointments, resignations and employment recommendations, as well as talk about contract negotiations with employees, during a special meeting that begins at 5 p.m.
The board will consider a vote on Advanced Work Zone Services’ bid of $15,168 for a signage and striping contract at Highland Park.
Lettercrafts has submitted a bid of $19,163 for interior signage at Highland Park that the board will consider. The board also will consider AMAX Sign Company’s bid of $28,648 for exterior signage at Highland Park.
Lettercrafts also submitted a bid of $12,764 for interior signage at Will Rogers that the board will consider.
The board also will consider a vote on a bid on eight transportation fleet vehicles in the amount of $186,503. The vehicles include mini-vans and SUVs.
The board also is expected to:
• Vote to designate Chief Financial Officer Phillip Storm as the purchasing agent for the district.
• Vote to designate Director of Special Education Caryl Talley as compliance coordinator for the district.
• Vote on the renewal of a $9,000 contract with the Stillwater YMCA for use of the pool for the swim team.
• Consider a vote to renew contracts for educational services, including Oklahoma Family Counseling, the Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration and Junior Achievement.
• Consider a vote to sanction several school organizations such as the various PTAs and booster clubs.
• Hear updates from the architect and construction manager on the building progress at Will Rogers and Highland Park.