STILLWATER, Okla. —
Stillwater Public Education Foundation
Fall 2012 Grant Allocations
Total Allocated - $6,250
• Gaining Perspective: Avoiding the Art Culture Bias. Provides funding for the Art program at Stillwater Middle School to purchase art prints, posters, DVDs and other resources for art education to increase student knowledge of a broad array of art styles and artists. Grant Allocation: $500 awarded to Crista McCann.
• Creative Possibilities Despite Limited Abilities. Provides funding for the Art program at Stillwater Middle School to purchase art supplies that accommodate students with fine motor issues and physical disabilities. Grant Allocation: $450 awarded to Crista McCann.
• Play to Read. Funding is provided to purchase 15 educational board games that target reading comprehension skills for third-graders at Richmond Elementary School. Grant allocation: $350 awarded to Lisa Cox.
• Rock the School with Schoolhouse Rock! Funding is provided to Stillwater Middle School to support the production of a curriculum-driven musical Schoolhouse Rock! The funds will be used to purchase the musical show kit. Grant Allocation: $600 awarded to Cheryl Stroope.
• Street Photography - An Integrated Approach to Learning. Grant funds are requested to purchase three Canon digital cameras and resource materials on documentary/street photography project at Lincoln Academy. The collection of photographs will be displayed in a public setting for the cultural benefit of students and the Stillwater community. Grant Allocation: $500 awarded to Aaron Frisby.
• Data Collection & Analysis. Grant funds are provided to Stillwater High School to purchase 15 Texas Instruments Nspire CX graphing calculators and four Texas Instruments CBR2 data collection devices. Matching funds will be available to purchase an additional 15 calculators and four CBR2s to complete a full classroom set. Grant Allocation: $2,600 awarded to Mark Thomas.
• The Big Picture. Grant funds are provided to the Stillwater Junior High School music program to purchase a document camera to support multimedia
instruction. Grant Allocation: $600 awarded to Cheryl Stroope.
• Writing Center Program. Grant funds are provided to purchase resource materials to create a Writing Center at Stillwater High School to provide support for improved composition and critical thinking skills. Grant Allocation: $650 awarded to Ashley Moore, Debbie Dawson and Jennifer White.