STILLWATER, Okla. — Payne County Court Clerk Lisa Lambert provides statistics for felony, misdemeanor, civil above and below $10,000, civil miscellaneous, small claims, marriages and divorces filed in 2013.
1. How many felonies and misdemeanors were filed in 2013?
Payne County District Court had 897 felonies and 1,686 misdemeanor cases filed.
2. How many civil relief cases were filed above and below $10,000 in 2013?
Payne County District Court had 614 civil cases filed requesting more than $10,000 and 627 civil cases requesting between $7,500 and $10,000.
3. How many civil miscellaneous and small claims cases were filed in 2013?
Payne County District Court had 70 civil miscellaneous cases filed and 931 small claims cases requesting up to $7,500.
4. How many marriages and divorces were filed in 2013?
Payne County District Court had 479 marriage licenses filed and 491 divorce cases filed.
5. Are these numbers higher or lower than the previous year?
Compared to the same time in 2012, we had 17 more civil cases filed in 2013, we had 314 fewer criminal cases filed in 2013, 24 fewer marriage licenses and 31 fewer divorce cases filed. Reviewing our court caseload over the years, this fluctuation of a few more cases in some areas, a few less in others, is normal.