By Russell Hixson
STILLWATER, Okla. —
Stillwater Police searched for a suspect Friday night after a cash advance store in the 200 block of North Perkins Road was hit by an armed robber.
Friday’s incident raises the number of armed robberies in Stillwater and Perkins to an even dozen since the middle of January.
Stillwater Police Officer Thomas Comstock said it was possible Friday’s armed robbery at Check ’n Go, 211 N. Perkins Road, is related to the 11 others, but he couldn’t confirm that detail at the scene Friday.
Police didn’t have anyone in custody Friday night. Comstock said additional details likely would be released Monday.
Stillwater Police rushed to the Perkins Road business at approximately 7 p.m. Friday.
Units patrolled nearby roads and officers walked the building's perimeter. Outside the cash advance business, two women, who were interviewed by police, shared an emotional embrace and then smoked cigarettes.
If it is the serial armed robber suspect police have been seeking since January, it would be the third time he has targeted a cash advance store. Police have established a task force and are offering a $5,000 reward for any useful information leading to an arrest and a conviction of the suspect.
The suspect in the first 11 robberies is described as a 5 foot, 9 inch black male. He brandishes a black semi-automatic handgun. He has worn a variety of disguises, including wigs, masks, women’s clothing and high heels.
Here’s a timeline of the armed robbery blitz.
• Jan. 17: Approved Cash, 700 block of East McElroy Road
• Jan. 25: Cowboy Corner, 500 block of South Duck St.
• Jan. 30: Git-N-Gallup, 1300 block of North Perkins Road
• Feb. 1: Approved Cash, 700 block of East McElroy Road
• March 5: Git-N-Gallup, 1300 block of North Perkins Road
• March 5: On Cue, 5000 block of North Washington St.
• March 6: Family Dollar Store, Perkins
• March 28: Git-N-Gallup, 1300 block of North Perkins Road
• April 12: Valero, 2600 block of North Perkins Road
• April 18: Great Wall chinese restaurant, 700 block of South Western Ave.
• May 1: On Cue, 1800 S. Sangre Road
• May 17: Check ’n Go, 200 block of North Perkins Road