Stillwater News Press

November 14, 2013

Home evacuated after possible heater exhaust in bathroom caused smoke

By Megan Sando
Stillwater NewsPress

STILLWATER, Okla. — Firefighters responded to a structure fire at the 400 block of North Manning street in Stillwater.

At approximately 10:30 a.m. Thursday, a resident at the one-story home reported a fire in the bathroom.

On scene, six firefighters were inside of the home, with engine one, two and truck three responding, Capt. Mike Clark said.

"Firefighters made entry with light smoke inside the home and no obvious fire," he said. "At this point, it was possibly an electrical issue."

Stillwater Police and LifeNet responded.

"There was exhaust from inside the bathroom with the heater on," said Lt. Brandon Halcomb.

The house was evacuated and no one was injured.