STILLWATER, Okla. — Early warning from smoke detectors and an apartment sprinkler system likely prevent a larger fire Thursdsay night at 51 at Traden Heights apartments, Stillwater firefighters said.
Crews responded to an apartment fire at 51 Traden Heights apartments, 920 S. Murphy St. Stillwater Fire Chief Tom Bradley said crews soon found the fire was isolated to one unit on the ground floor and the building's sprinkler system had already put it out.
No one was injured. Bradley said initial investigation indicated faulty electrical device started the fire but the fire marshal is still investigating.
"It could have been a lot worse," Battalion Chief Tommy Miller said. He credited the early warning from smoke detectors and a quick response from the sprinkler system with containing a fire that could have quickly spread.
Bradley said the department was looking to find a place for the occupants to stay while crews worked to dry out their apartment and prevent more property damage.
Bradley said the most significant loss would likely be a computer.
"The guys did a great job tonight, nobody was hurt, nobody injured, very little damage to the apartment," Bradley said.