- Local News
Stillwater Board of Education OKs renegotiated school resource officer contract
Superintendent Ann Caine and Assistant Superintendent of Operations Terry McCarty met last week with City Manager Dan Galloway and Director of Public Safety Norman McNickle to work out an agreement that will allow the contract to roll back to costs for the 2012-13 school year. That’s when the school district and city agreed Stillwater Public Schools would pay for 25 percent, or $75,000, of the $300,000 annual contract for the resource officers. The city pays 75 percent.
- QUICK 5: Saville Center fundraiser Friday
- SCHOOL SPOTLIGHT: Perkins-Tryon principal has passion for teaching children
Darlington, Najera take their posts with Stillwater City Council
The Council honored outgoing Vice Mayor Chuck Hopkins and Councilor Cody Scott, presenting them with gifts commemorating their service.
- VIDEO: CREC receives agribusiness award
- Drought worse in Payne County, but no burn ban yet
County commissioners accept road bids
On Monday, the Payne County Commission opened and awarded bids for two-inch asphalt overlays of Sangre Road from 44th to 56th Streets and of 32nd Street from Jardot Road to Western Avenue.
- Payne County Extension sets April 25 for centennial celebration
- Stillwater recognized for income growth
- VIDEO: Yale farm family honored by Stillwater Chamber
- More Local News Headlines
- Stillwater Board of Education OKs renegotiated school resource officer contract