STILLWATER, Okla. — The Red Dirt Pedaler's Tour of Payne bike ride is coming up July 5. Packet pick up is Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. A mass start will be at 7:30 Saturday morning. Mary Cash shares more details of the event.
1. How many route options are there and how do they differ?
We have four. A 16, a 40, a 58 and a 98.
2. What sort of changes were made to the routes this year?
We have changed all of the routes. We usually have 102. We were going to go east for Norfolk, but there is construction on one of the roads we wanted to use for the 2014 Tour of Payne. So, to avoid the gravel we have new routes and maps and distances . Our 102 became 98.
3. Is the event designed for all ages?
It’s primarily designed for adults just because of the mileage and you’re actually riding on streets.
4. What other activities are there besides the bike ride?
Friday evening we have a pasta dinner to get ready for the Saturday ride. There will be live classical guitar music. Saturday we have free lunch from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. We’ll also have Tour de France live at the expo center
5. What amenities are available to out of town participants?
The expo center offers tent camping for $5 and RV hookups for $15. RV hookups include electric and water. Showers are also available. Bring your own towel and soap.