Students, faculty, and members of the community turned out by the hundreds to join officials, including Vice President Joe Biden, in dedicating the new Joplin High School in Joplin, Missouri. The building replaces the old school that was destroyed in the May 22, 2011 tornado.
Students set out the break a record, using 6.5 miles of ribbon in the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Ribbon extended around the school, including running between rooftops.
As featured on
- On a mission: Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi stopping at Stillwater's Bud Brothers dispensary to promote cannabis product
- Update: Power restored after outage affecting 1,718 Stillwater customers
- Blues Brothers and tribute band perform in Stillwater
- Law enforcement investigating multiple fatality collisions from this week
- Stillwater schedules mayoral election
- Fiber optic internet providers eye Stillwater market
- SPD investigating Sunday fatality collision
- Daughter of Pawnee artist Bunky Echo-Hawk killed in I-70 collision
- Long snapper Ehrlich brings consistency to Stillwater squad
- Set on Stillwater: how OSU won over starting defensive end Lacy, a Texas fan since childhood