A Stillwater man was arrested and charged with domestic assault and battery by strangulation, interfering with an emergency phone call and unlawful possession of a controlled drug.

Scott Richard Diebold, 46, was arrested March 13 in the 600 block of North Main Street.

Stillwater Officer Miguel Najera was dispatched for a physical domestic in the 100 block of East Miller Avenue.

Najera wrote in the probable cause affidavit that he made contact with the victim and noticed injuries.

He alleged the victim had swelling under her eye on the right side of her face, swelling on her left side near her ear, and the victim said her left leg was broken.

According to the affidavit, the victim told the officer that Diebold had struck her with a closed fist multiple times on both sides of her face.

She also said she was kicked in the upper and lower back, side and legs by Diebold.

She also alleged she lost consciousness when she was struck multiple times near her left ear.

According to the affidavit, Diebold took the victim’s phone as she was attempting to call 911.

Since she was unable to call for help, and her leg was injured, she attempted to crawl to lift the garage door and call for help.

Najera wrote in the affidavit that Diebold then grabbed the victim by her hair and continued kicking her.

The victim also said she was strangled with both hands by Diebold.

According to the affidavit, the victim said Diebold attempted to set the house on fire by pouring Crown Royal onto the stove, and said “you’re going to burn b----.”

“Diebold also admitted to officers that he was going to burn the house down,” Najera alleged.

Once at the jail, it was alleged that Diebold was found with marijuana without a valid medical marijuana prescription.

Diebold has a bond set at $50,000 and retained Royce Hobbs as his attorney.

Guthrie man pleads guilty to robbery by fear

A Guthrie man pleaded guilty to second-degree robbery by fear after reaching a plea agreement.

Daniel Bruce Farrow, 69, received a 20-year sentence recommendation by the Payne County District Attorney’s office.

Due to his prior felony convictions, the punishment range was 20 years to life.

Farrow was accused of committing an armed robbery in September at the OnCue on Perkins Road.

He was originally charged with first-degree burglary, but the charge was amended.

Second-degree robbery is not an 85% crime, therefore Farrow has the potential to be out of DOC before the 20 years has been completed.

His previous charge before the amendment would have been an 85% crime.

Judge Stephen Kistler asked Farrow if he thought the plea deal was reasonable due to his prior convictions.

Farrow thought it did seem reasonable.

Along with the 20-year recommendation, he was ordered to pay restitution and court costs. He will also have nine months of post imprisonment supervision.

Farrow waived his right to remain in the Payne County Jail for 10 days.

He was given credit for time served.

Trending Video

Recommended for you