Stillwater City Council
The council met Monday for about five hours and:
• Voted unanimously to extend City Manager Dan Galloway’s contract for another year with no changes.
• Received public input on the proposed 2009-10 city budget and asked Galloway to bring a budget resolution based on his presentation back to the council.
• Tabled the final plat and public improvements for the Stonecrest Addition until some of the councilors’ and homeowners’ issues can be resolved. The issue is tabled until the city has the opportunity to work with homeowners and the developer.
• Renewed an existing contract with OnCue Marketing, LLC. This is the final year the city can extend the contract.
• Heard from citizens on issues concerning softball fees, a community center, an office for the mayor, a pay raise for employees and the Stonecrest Addition, more than once prompting councilors to call a point of order.
Councilor Tom Williams was unable to attend the meeting. Councilors will meet again Monday.
Stillwater Utilities Authority
The authority met Monday and:
• Extended a tree trimming contract with Asplundh.
• Passed a resolution amending the water rate structure to increase in phases. Beginning July 1, the average citizen’s increase will be 17 percent. Another increase will take place Jan. 1 in lieu of the 3 percent annual increase.
Trustee Tom Williams was unable to attend the meeting.
Stillwater Planning Commission
The commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. today in the Stillwater Municipal Building, 723 S. Lewis St. Among agenda items are:
• Preliminary planned unit development to construct two one-story duplexes and one two-story duplex at 315 and 317 S. Blair St. This item has been tabled twice before appearing on this week’s agenda.
• A preliminary and final plat for property at 1720 E. Virginia Avenue, which were tabled from May 19. Staff recommends they be tabled again, subject to call.
The meeting will be televised on cable Channel 23. Agendas are available on the city’s Web site, www.Stillwater.org.
Stillwater City Council
This Week's Circulars
Glenda Bentley, 69, died June 14, 2021. Funeral services will be held 10:30 Friday, June 18, 2021 at the Coyle Christian Church in Coyle, Oklahoma. Interment will follow at Clarkson Cemetery in Payne County. Strode Funeral Home.
Lois Ann Mickle, 93, beloved by her family, died January 19, 2021. A memorial service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 19, 2021 at the Strode Funeral Home Chapel in Stillwater.
- OSU football player accused of assaulting a police officer
- VIDEO: SPD detains OSU football player
- Stillwater Schools looking at grade configuration ahead of new bond issue
- System failure hits Stillwater Medical, causes appointment cancelations
- Stillwater Schools approving student transfers for next school year
- Q5: Stillwater Chamber of Commerce helping job seekers and employers with upcoming job fair
- Vaccination rate dwindling as state crosses 3 million doses
- Proposal presented for 12-team College Football Playoff
- UPDATE: OSU has not commented on player's arrest
- Stillwater High grad wins Junior Pan American Championships gold