The Stillwater News Press can be traced to the weekly Stillwater Advance and the Stillwater Daily Democrat, which date back to 1892. In 1941, C.R. Bellati, originally an attorney from Blackwell, was responsible for consolidating the Stillwater Daily News and Stillwater Daily Press, which established the present-day Stillwater News Press. The News Press operated under the ownership of the Bellati family until it was sold to Community Newspapers Holding Inc., Montgomery, Ala.
This Week's Circulars
Jeanita Mae Hover, 75, of Stillwater, passed 2/19/2020. Visitation, Thursday, 2/27/2020, 9:00am-8:00pm, family greeting guests from 5-7pm, Dighton Marler Funeral Home. Funeral service, 2:00p.m., Friday, 2/28/2020, Dighton Marler Funeral Home Chapel. Interment: Bethel Cemetery, Glencoe, Oklahoma.
William Lewis Cavett, 88, died February 20, 2020. His funeral service will begin at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at the First Baptist Church in Glencoe, Oklahoma. Strode Funeral Home and Cremation is handling arrangements.
A memorial service for Dr. Thora Asgeirson du Bois will be held Saturday, February 29, at 2 pm, at Town & Gown Community Theatre, 3524 S. Perkins Road, Stillwater. Rev. Susan Ross will officiate.
- Stillwater man gets suspended sentence in fatal DUI crash
- City of Stillwater partners on OSU invention that turns waste into fuel
- OSBI investigating another suspicious fire-related death in North Central Oklahoma
- OSBI: Two suspects arrested in connection to Cushing homicide
- Suspicious Cushing death being treated as homicide
- CRIME ROUNDUP: Stillwater man charged with first-degree burglary
- Prom it forward: Stillwater YMCA organizes free prom dress event
- Miss American Indian OSU using her platform to help her people, other Native Americans
- Marching in his memory: Annual event in honor of Maj. Scott Hagerty to take place Feb. 29
- Stillwater Housing Authority combines with agencies to provide housing vouchers for young adults aging out of foster care