The Stillwater News Press can be traced to the weekly Stillwater Advance and the Stillwater Daily Democrat, which date back to 1892. In 1941, C.R. Bellati, originally an attorney from Blackwell, was responsible for consolidating the Stillwater Daily News and Stillwater Daily Press, which established the present-day Stillwater News Press. The News Press operated under the ownership of the Bellati family until it was sold to Community Newspapers Holding Inc., Montgomery, Ala.
This Week's Circulars
Anna Doris Waters, 79, passed on Saturday, 3/28/2020 in Stillwater. Visitation: Tuesday, 3/31/2020 from 9:00am-5:00pm. Graveside service will be Wednesday, 4/1/2020 at 1:00pm at Akins Cemetery near Sallisaw. Dighton Marler Funeral Home is entrusted with arrangements.
- City of Stillwater to issue Shelter in Place order
- Shelter in Place for Stillwater going into effect just before midnight
- Oklahoma's known positive cases of COVID-19 rise sharply after more testing made available
- Some local restaurants shutting down for extended period
- From China, with love
- OSU-Stillwater student recovering with mild symptoms after positive case of COVID-19
- Creek County man dies from COVID-19
- Man allegedly barricaded himself with a gun in his apartment
- Woman accused of assaulting officer
- Police: Man with felony conviction found with gun in residence